Travelling Light

I pack a lot of stuff in my car when I go places -- bottled waters, protein bars, my cooler, sweater, etc. But for things I carry in my pockets or on me, I really prefer to travel light. Very light: keys, lip balm, wallet, cellphone, and maybe a digital camera.

My dad carries a wallet the size of a small brick -- it's literally 2" thick and chalk full of receipts, slips of papers/notes, cards, etc. I carry a "wallet" that holds maybe 8 cards and is under 0.5" thickness. But this wallet is getting old, and I need to replace it.

simple, elegantI've seen some wallets (card cases) that have a maximum capacity of 4-6 cards plus money. (Coach one pictured here, but Kenneth Cole has a similar one for considerably less.)

Could you make do with just 6 cards? (I know some of you could, and do.) What would carry if you could only bring 6 cards with you? Driver's license is a given, as is (at least) one credit card.

And how would you deal with not having the rest? For instance, Safeway lets you key in your phone number instead of swiping your Safeway card, and Banana Republic can look your BR Card based on your SSN, so you don't really need either of those cards.

3 comments:

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ben said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ben said...

I'm just testing this ... please disregard, thanks.