Only Skin Deep?

Beauty is only skin deep, they say. Girls go to the ends of the earth to find products to help them keep it, enhance it, modify it, all that. I remember one girl in high school who avoided smiling or laughing, hoping it would slow the crow's feet! Me, I started out like any other guy, just soap -- yeah, the same soap we scrub our asses with.

And then I started caring more.

I dunno why. I guess it helps to look decent, right? I tried some Anthony glycolic acid cleanser but it felt acidic and harsh. I tried Anthony algae facial wash, but it smelled like ocean -- and not the clean, refreshing kind of ocean either. So I'm still using my Biotherm detox facial wash.

such lovely skin you have, my dearBut my friend recently started offering the Dermatics premier line on Princess Skincare. He's been lucky, because Dermatics has very exclusive distribution right now; not even available in salons! And they are apparently made to treat all sorts of skin conditions I never heard of! We all know of age spots, acne and acne scars, clogged and enlarged pores, wrinkles, sagging skin, etc.

What about melasma, and hyperpigmentation marks? I don't know what they are, but they don't sound fun. And what are hyperactive sebaceous glands? Do I have those glands? I suppose if I did, I wouldn't want them to be hyperactive; I'd rather them be just the-perfect-amount active.

I've seen some positive reviews for Dermatics, and though I haven't tried it yet, maybe I'll have to. So I don't get melasma, because I dunno if my company medical plan covers that. But I do floss regularly. Does that help?

1 comment:

Ben said...

Has anyone tried the Dermatics products yet? I'm interested in finding out more about general skincare and those kinds of things.

And now, the shameless plug. GO BUY FROM PRINCESS SKINCARE!

Okay, I'm done my rant now.