From HKG to Peking Duck

It is some disappointment that I have to fly to Beijing today, and leave Hong Kong. This is a beautiful city, made more fun and more exciting by my gracious hosts S&M and canine tour guide Sparky. It had been 15 years since my last visit, and this time was way more fun.

Beijing awaits, and I expect it to be eye-opening, since it's my first step into China ever. But, it will be with my travel companion coworker CrabbyBones. Oh. Joy. Mr. I-don't-want-to-have-Chinese-food-in-Hong-Kong. Well, I'm having Peking Duck, no matter what. And although he is supposed to be with me practically every waking hour while I'm in Beijing, I will have to ditch him if he gets unreasonably stubborn. And then leave him to his own devices in a less-friendly town where he doesn't speak the language.

Okay, time to distract Sparky with a beef bone and then make my noisy escape with all my bags.

No comments: