I used to track my expenses with anal-retentive prowess. Including cash withdrawals and payments, down to the penny. Of course, sometimes I would be off by ten dollars here or there, but for the most part I had accounted for all of my spending to see where I could cut it down.

Now there are five months during which $800 in cash has been spent without a trace. Not saying that I spent it all on heR (because I didn't), but I wouldn't mind knowing where it went: food, leisure, trips, whims, drinks, whatever. (I figure each night I go clubbing runs me $30 in drinks. It adds up.)

Yesterday, I got myself another paper pad -- I had run out before -- so I can continue this record of my spending habits. In the future, I will probably use my debit (bank) card more often, since those are automatically tracked when I download them to my PFM app.

No comments: