My latest toy for research is a handblender.

So far, I've set my sights on the Braun Multiquick Professional MR5550 (HC+BC). 400W driven through a stainless steel shaft, variable speed (and turbo), and it comes with all sorts of useful attachments too! It's on sale at Macy's for $90, though I can get it online for $85 including shipping.

The next step down is the Braun Multiquick Profession MR5550 CA, which is still 400W, but lacking the sexy steel shaft and a lot of the attachments (primarily the ice crusher and large chopper beaker). This one is about $60 USD at Macy's. For the $30, I might rather go with the whole package and be done with it -- a stainless steel shaft should be much more durable. What do you think?

There's a fantastic epinions review that compares the Braun models, written by wyu out east.

No comments: