Fine China

"We need you in a very important meeting. In China. This weekend."

That was the gist of an email quietly sitting in my Inbox this morning. It meant I would have to leave by this Thursday. It meant I would miss my Tahoe daytrip. It meant I would miss V Day in SF. It meant a short work week next week because I would be in Vancouver next Thursday.

So ensued a crazy flurry of finding visa information, making travel arrangements. In doing so, and after speaking to my brother (who just today got home from there), I thought of this opportunity: my first visit to China. A chance to scope out the "scene" over there: personal, business, lifestyle.

My current plan is to take all of next week off (Monday is a holiday here anyway), and do this trip.

SFO (12) -> PVG (13)
PVG (19) -> YVR (19)
YVR (22) -> SFO (22)

I'm going to propose it to my boss (and have him pay for the flight, which is $400 more for the Vancouver drop-off) in a few minutes. Let's see what he says tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll have to fly back and then fly up to Vancouver (which I've already booked anyway for myself).

Any suggestions on what to do in Shanghai / Hangzhou?

No comments: