First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage

I don't always write about things as they happen. Sometimes my stories are from months or years back, that just come back into my mind for some reason or another.

But this one is about today.

dum, dum, da-dum ...Today, another friend enters the married life. He has a house that is being renovated inside, and his life is also changing from the inside out. Today, he takes that next step. (Of course, on Thursday's stag, he took a different step.) Today, he's a changed man.

And perhaps it's because I'm becoming desensitized to the idea, or that I've come to a point where I'm ready. But the married life doesn't sound so menacing (as the creature stealing away all my single buddies) nor scary (from the permanency of holy matrimony). Am I ready? And with whom?

No comments: