Another Thing In My Ear

Sony Ericsson HBH-65So I came and re-tried the Sony Ericsson HBH-60 (HBH-65 is pictured, but they look nearly identical: the colours are reversed.)

- This was the first of the headsets I tried, and it's the lightest and least obtrusive of the three. It doesn't hold onto the ear very tightly, but as such, doesn't put excessive pressure on the ear.

- Because of how the ear bar pivots, it is extremely easy to put on and remove.

- For me (and my small ears), however, it doesn't position the speaker right at my ear -- it's a little away and behind the ear hole.

- This headset supports the Handsfree profile.

- One really annoying thing was that I had to pair the phone with headset each time after rebooting the phone or the headset -- they should be automatically paired already, but for some reason they're not. (I'm going to get one of the engineers to look into this -- it may be a setting.)

- In one instance, voice channel got garbled when out of range, and couldn't recover even after I came back to the phone. (I'm not certain that any headset can recover, but I know this one didn't.) Another time, voice got a terrible buzzing sound for no reason at all.

The search continues!