Better Support with No Visible Lines!

You know, being supportive is a fine line away from just telling people what they want to hear. It's also just a smidgen off of letting them think that what they're going through (or thinking about doing) is more okay than it might really be. So how can you be supportive while still maintaining the honest truth?

I'm done with that. From a while back, it was all about blunt honesty. If you don't want the straight truth (sometimes sprinkled with a little sugar, or served over a cup of bubble tea), then don't ask me. If you ask, you know what you're going to get.

You're going to get the straight goods, exactly what I think. I'll tell you if I think you're being stupid, or if you have a moronic idea, or if I think you're being lazy about it, or if you're way off track with your approach. But I will give credit where credit is due.

No comments: