Not His Intent

"Well, I'm not here to mooch. I'm not a mooch."

- R, as he left with bags of stuff from my apartment


In an effort to clear out this humble abode (or ex-abode), I've probably showered my friends with tons of unexciting household items. Clorox ReadyMop, dishwasher liquid, scouring pads, plungers, guava juice, cans of sweet corn, tuna, and chicken (not all together), iron skillets, frozen gourmet burger patties, coat hangers. Everything that doesn't find a new home to use them will be trashed now. Things not worth moving/keeping, yet too wasteful to throwaway, and still not really worth the hassle of trying to sell.

My place is starting to feel empty. Just memories are lingering now. A lot of memories.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Ben, have you quit your job already?

Ben said...

Not yet, but I'm about ready to give notice. I don't want them committing too many things, expecting that I'll be able to handle it for them, when I won't. They're already requesting me to go to conferences in Q1 of 2005. I think my minion will have some fun next year.

"One day, this will all be yours."

Thoughts said...

Is that what he went to your place for? He was kinda secretive about it...he was like, "I need to drop off at Ben Ko's place for a little while". Didn't think much of it but now it all makes sense...well he'll have fun coming to my place picking up that stuff too since all that kind of stuff is either going to my brother, him or Candice/Ben. He better come over quick to get his pick...haha. He's already picked what furniture he wants.