The Feeling of Skin on Skin

Put your legs together, so they're touching. You see, as a man, I wear pants or shorts that almost always go past the knee. But ladies have the option of skirts and dresses, and it only dawned on me the other day that this is an even bigger difference than I had previously given credit to.

I mean, when you women wear skirts or dresses and you sit crosslegged, your legs touch. I mean, they touch each other. Like, skin on skin. Men never get that, because there are always two layers of material between our thighs (one layer on each pant leg). So to be sitting in public or wherever, and having your own skin touching you; I wonder what that must feel like.

Thought just popped into my head like that, without warning. Huh. And I haven't even had any egg nog yet.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Umm.. so is this a prelude to you showing up in public places in kilts/skirts?? "Who's the guy in the skirt?... oh.. that's Ben, he just wanted to touch his own legs"..

Naomi said...

Where to start...? Oh, I know: shut. up.

Don't tell me you don't know what it feels like to have your own skin touching you. I seen you prancin' around in your Hanes (or choice of the day), working on your laptop or whatever, so don't give me that. (Just wait until your wedding roast; it's all gon' come out.)

On normal days, having all that... air around feels a little too open - probably why I don't wear skirts that often. On hot days there are 2 scenarios: 1) air flow ('nough said) :), and 2) sweaty - bad if you're somewhere (meeting?) where you can't exactly flap the skirt to cool you down.

TMI?

S said...

N writes:
> (Just wait until your wedding roast; it's all gon' come out.)

Oooo... I'm still MC-ing for your wedding, right Ben? XD =D =D

Ben said...

Hahaha, no, you're not about to see me in a skirt anytime soon (again). (And certainly, there will be no photographic or video evidence then.)

I've never seen anyone flap their skirt in efforts of keeping cool! Haha, how uncultured would THAT be!

As for MC'ing, that position's still up for grabs -- heck, so is the position of the bride! (Note that this "bride" is not the same as "The Bride" with capitals.)

Regarding the whole legs-touching topic, I'm just sayin', that's all.