So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

This sealed the deal after a conversation that surprised him.

This is to formally notify you that I am resigning from The Company. Friday, December 17, 2004 will be my last day of employment.

I made this decision as a personal strategic career move. It's been a great pleasure working with you, with the impressive team at The Company, and I enjoyed representing the company. I wish you and The Company continued success! I'm sure that in this small world, we will no doubt cross paths either professionally or personally.

Please feel free to call on me if I can help over the next short while to ensure a smooth transition.

I just realized today that I had never before this resigned from a company. Usually, the contract time was up, or that the dot-com went belly up. It's a neat experience -- and definitely liberating.

But I think I ruined their weekends. Oh well.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Congratulations on taking the first step toward a better tomorrow. (Does that sound like a cheesy like that a politician would feed you after getting elected?)

Sometimes, when you've been bumping along the same road too long, it's hard to break out of the rut. But ya did it!

And, if they're panicking about losing you, well, they should've thought about that earlier and offered you better incentive to stay.

Good on ya. Best of luck.