The Spirit Awakens

It's December. About 3 weeks to Christmas, but probably about 3 weeks after stores and malls have prepared for the Christmas rush. So we're kind of at the psychological halfway point in terms of the buildup to anticipating this holiday event.

Some years, my Christmas spirit ramps up really soon, and by the time December 1 comes along, I'm in full gear and all jolly about the season. Some years, it takes right up until the days before Christmas before I start feeling that emotional inkling (and then it's kind of too late to enjoy it before you have to endure the craziness of Boxing Day). More recently, I experience the latter -- maybe I'm just getting jaded about the existence of "magic" that will miraculously save/uplift us all. Sad, no?

Maybe I just need to play "Sleigh Ride" more on my iPod. I'll do that on the way to work today.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Coming home to see your parents would cheer u up, and your friends!! So, when is your last day at work? :D

Thoughts said...

To me...I never really got into the Christmas spirit down here in the Bay Area. You're not around your family and that's really what xmas is all about to me. I remember really loving xmas when I lived in Vancouver. I'm sure you'll start feeling it when you're around all your family and friends.

James said...

Maybe it's time to put up a xmas tree to remind you of christmas. You can even spray on some pine scented smells on those plastic ones.