Fight Scene

There's a highway bridge which leads eastbound towards (my former) home, which sometimes grants a beautiful view of San Francisco from the north.

It was on and after there, that I had arguably (no pun intended) the worst fight I had ever had with an ex-girlfriend. That time, I actually let my anger show instead of holding it in (as I normally do). I allowed my temper to flare and told her simply to shut up. She threatened to stop the car and kick me out, and I dared her to. She didn't, but it was a deafeningly quite ride home. It was probably one of the few signs (to me) of our impending breakup.

And though I rarely visit that region, now I can't drive that stretch of the 580 without conjuring up the hurt of that unfortunate sunny afternoon, and the darkness that lay hidden under the argument.

No comments: