An Alien Headset

Logitech Mobile Bluetooth HeadsetSo my next headset to play with was the Logitech Mobile Bluetooth Headset, which looks like alien technology.

- This baby comes in a slick case (like a sunglass case) with a window at the top.

- The design is completely different from any other headset I've seen to date: it has a two-prong clip that slips over your ear from behind, holding the padded speaker (about a tweeter-size mound) to your ear. The mic boom swivels out to lay near/against your cheek.

- It is amazingly comfortable, but again, after about an hour's wear, it started to hurt just a little bit.

- Again, it's that two-tone colourway, but the darker grey has a distinctive blue tinge to it. Not bad.

- This headset supports only Headset Profile (ie. no Handsfree Profile), meaning features like last-number redial are not available.

- The profile trade-off is worth it, in my opinion, because a Bluetooth connection doesn't need to be kept open all the time, thereby saving your headset's and phone's battery life. It's a huge difference: they claim 1 month standby, or 7 hours talk time!

- Best darned warranty I've seen: two years.

I'm noticing a loud background hiss, but I can't tell yet whether that's the number I called, the Bluetooth audio connection in general, or this particular headset.