How Much Again?

"All inline skates. 33% percent off lowest-ticketed price."

That seemed enticing. I came to the mostly-empty shelves of inline skates and remembered that my old pair had just broken its strap. At the bottom of a pile of boxes, I found a pair of 2003 K2 Xcelerates. Various red price tags had been stamped on it and then half worn-off. I tried them on, and though they were a little large, they might just do. I asked for a price check on it.

"You can have them for $33.46."
I looked him in the eye for any signs of humour.
"Uh ... is there a '1' infront of that?"
"Nope. $33.46."
"I'll take 'em."

Off I walked through the checkout stand with my new inline skates (where the guy at the register did a bug-eyed double-take when he rang it up). Nothing like such a fantastic deal to wrap up the year's purchases!