M3000For a few days, I had the Plantronics M3000 Bluetooth headset, which supports both Headset and Handsfree (v1.0) profiles. Here are some notes about it.

- First off, the User Guide is amongst the best I've seen so far, but then again, the product is also rather simple to use.

- Pairing the headset with my Bluetooth phone was relatively easily -- took less than 30 seconds. Then the phone asked if I wanted to "Replace Speakerph.", to which I said yes. (I didn't know what the exact consequences were, and still don't.)

- Besides answering a call, lots of neat things can be done straight from the headset: voicedialing, last number redial, call rejection, call muting. This means you can leave the phone in your pocket and almost never take it out!

- Cosmetically, I would have liked it if the light pipe (LED clear plastic) were frosted so that the plastic lights up evenly (instead of being able to see that there's an LED burried deep inside).

- And the two-toned silver/gray colourway could have been made a little bolder (it's kind of bland).

- It comes with two earloop sizes -- I have small ears, and even the smaller one is a little tight on me. I don't see how that can fit anyone! At first, it was pretty comfortable -- holds the unit snug to your head without threatening to fall off -- but after 20 minutes of wear, my ear felt pressure at one spot, and it started to hurt.

So though I like the general design of this headset, the pain of having it on my ear really destroyed its chances. Shame.

No comments: