Now that was an interesting weekend. Exciting, to say the least. Started off with a fantastic day -- weather was great -- in bed and a dip by the pool / hottub. Then while at the mall, I started having abdominal pains and got a little crabby (unsocial). I couldn't sleep more than 15 minutes at a time that night, the pain was so intense. Blame? Food poisoning from the Thai food and the burrito. (Wouldn't you blame them?)

By about 6am on the Sunday, it had gotten bad enough that my parents drove me to the hospital. 11am diagnosis (after a blood and urine sample) determined appendicitis. D'oh! Surgery was scheduled for 1pm that day, and I stayed there overnight. Just got back from the place, and I'll probably be stuck at home for a few days.

And that's not even the worst part. I'm not allowed to workout for 2 weeks. Dammit!

Ray, James, Maria, Cess, and Noah came to visit me yesterday ... mere hours after I called them! And these sweet, sweet friends brought with them gifts of magazines, DVDs, congee, and balloons. Though I feel bad that they all took some time out of a gorgeous weekend day to see me, it was really nice of them to see me (looking like sh!t and having not showered for a whole day).

No comments: