Haven't Woken Up Yet

It's that mental state of exiting dreamy euphoria, re-entering the cold cruel world of reality that gets me. Every morning. And it's in the transitional phase that my mind doesn't totally work, and I do stupid things (or almost do them before I catch myself).

- Brush my teeth with facial cream. (I mean, it's extra-moisturizing, but it doesn't contain tartar- and plaque-fighting agents, and it's also not minty fresh.)
- Spray cologne in my armpits and spritz deodorant on my neck. (At least my neck would be dry, and my pits would be extra fragrant.)
- Bound out of the house in a hurry for work ... on a Saturday. (This just plain sucks.)

What about you?

6 comments:

miscmusings said...

awesome. =)

Ben said...

What, I'm the only one who is in a half-retarded stupor in the morning??

Kevin said...

Generally, ample sleep helps with this sort of dumbness. I actually can't say I have done anything overly odd (in recent recollection) due to the morning madness. I might do odd things for other reasons though.

head dump said...

I do do some of those retarded things in the morning, but not typically all at once. I've used hair creme as moisturizer or sprayed perfume into my face.

I usually snap out of it pretty fast after stupid stuff like that.

Mike said...

How about trying to wash my face with my glasses still on...

and the walking into shower with my pjs still on and just realizing it seconds before the water hits me.. Darn it.. too late!

Fumbling said...

showering with glasses on, trying to remove glasses when I'm not wearing them, trying to remove contacts when I'm not wearing them. The worst before all in one solution was putting in contacts that hadn't yet been neutralized (freshly soaked in disinfectant).