Two Weeks Late

I picked HG up from the airport last night at 1am, and having not seen him for some 5 months, we talked about life, the universe, and everything. Before we knew it, it was 4am and I headed back home to sleep. I should note that it was cold, not raining, and the streets were bone dry.

john harvey's gorgeous picture of the burrard bridge, vancouver in snowI woke up the next morning to 4 inches of fresh snow blanketing Vancouver, as far as the eye could see. Somehow, the skies got busy between the hours of 4:30am and 11:30am, just to surprise me.

And to wear out the novelty of shoveling snow. It's been a while, but now I remember why I didn't really miss it. That said, it's nice to have a white winter, even if it is two weeks late for a white Christmas.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Egad! Is that from just the other night?? That's beautiful! I sent the link (for the pic) to my department (about 40-odd people; not 40 odd people... 40-odd!). =)

Naomi said...

PS - Did you shovel the sidewalk and driveway? :P

Ben said...

No, no. That photo was taken from a different snowfall (and taken by John Harvey on his website), but I suspect the view would have been the same from last night's dump. And yes, I shoveled the driveway and the sidewalk. (Mom also made me take lots of pictures of her shoveling snow.)

Laughed my ass off watching the news footage of cars slipping and sliding on snowy/icy hills ... and then slamming into each other. Now that is good comedy, hahaha. Weather forecasts are expecting even more dumping up here. Good times ahead!