A Thought For My Pennies

So I went to pick up my first non-prescription "prescription sunglasses": the Oakley X-Metal Penny. (It's amazing what some Asian places will do to help you get cheap stuff.)

i can see myself in them!I have a tough time finding Oakley models that fit my narrow face, while matching the style that I want. So when I do come across one that fits these criteria, I have pretty narrowed it down to a single frame, and only have the choice of colour (frame, lenses). Sucks, but I'm usually happy that at least there's one that works out.

Anyway, they said it would take a week, and I gave them the balance (that VSP wouldn't cover) and waited. A day short of a week, I showed up to see if they were ready. They were. They never called, like they promised to -- but then, they never do, do they?

I suspiciously eyed these $340 sunglasses that I got for not-$340. You never know with these seemingly non-ghetto Asian places. And though it doesn't really matter that much to me, I suppose they got the last laugh: when I picked up my new (non-)prescription Pennies, they were the demo pair I had tried on one week earlier.

I mean, there's nothing really wrong with the demos except for a tiny little bump on the underside of the left X Metal arm (which I specifically noticed when I placed my order). But if I'm going to get the demos, then why make me wait a whole week for them, and why pose as if I would be getting new ones? Set the expectations after all. And though I got a good discount on them, it's not like they were making less money than before.

If it bugs me enough, I may just go back and b!tch about it. (I think I secretly enjoy doing this, giving them a hard time as my little sweet revenge.)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Here come "Spiderben" :D

Ben said...

I will use these shades to cover up my laser-eyes so that I don't inadvertently burn a hole in everything I look at. With great power comes great responsibility. (Which may explain why I might never have great power!)