Leader of the Pack

I guess it must be flu season now, because I'm always the first to get sick. Every season. It's like I'm the beacon to announce the opening of flu season or something; everybody can just watch me and when I get sick, they know to get their flu shots! I'm like the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Without the celebrity, or the news coverage, or the crazy stocks people. Or the joyous fanfare, for that matter.

Except, this season, a coworker is at a tie with me. Sounds sadistic, but yay! Misery really does love company.

So I stuck around the apartment for the whole day today, in the hopes of not getting my coworkers sick. Pumped myself full of drugs and vitamin C and fluids, moping around the house all drowsy, and falling asleep just about every time my eyes close for more than 5 seconds. Are we sure it's good for me to be stewing in my own sickness in the apartment all day? I think I probably should have headed out to the grassy area to surf on my laptop and enjoy the sun.

Oh well, too late. Here I stew. Stew stew stew.

2 comments:

hougee said...

:( that sux... is it getting cold in the bay?

Cindy said...

I don't know "chicken soup, a sock around your neck" will help! Ha Ha!