Passion the Salad, Please?

not the actual salad that i ateThe other day, I was eating a spinach salad. The process was simple: I jab some spinach to sandwich the bits of egg, mushroom, and bacon, before dipping it lightly in the dressing.* The problem arises when the sticky-thick dressing hangs onto the last baby spinach leaf, holding it tightly in its clutches.

"We're meant to be together! I'm here for you! Stay! Stay with me!" it cries desperately, as the compassionate contents of my carefully selected salad-in-a-bite unravel into the dressing cup. The struggle is short and painless, but I am left holding a fork, stripped of its precious edible treasures. Imagine my state of discontentment: all that work, and nary a leaf left dangled in the silvery tynes. My taste buds robbed of the perfect melange of a well-balanced bite.

Should you ever be faced with the same predicament, remember this: the cherry tomato is an effective "stopper" on the end of your fork. Ah, you return to me, my saladian bliss!

---
*  I'm sure said dressing is 100% fat-full, but I usually ask that they provide it on the side so as to make me feel like I'm cutting down on calories somehow.

No comments: