Out of Sight, Out of Mind

There are lots of events where I never show up in the resulting photos; my face never shows up in any of the pictures. If the photos were a documented record of the event, it's like I was never there. Get enough of these albums together, and you realize that it's as if I don't even exist.

Why is that? I'm not really sure why, because I don't go avoiding pictures. I'm simply not in a lot of them. It's almost like I'm the kid who never gets picked for the kickball team, left leaning on the fence like I never played.

I mean, I like taking pictures and keeping those digital memories for myself. So I carry a camera with me a lot. You'd think this increases the odds of showing up in a photo, but it means I'm behind the camera more, and that doesn't help.

No comments: