Like An Onion

I'd like to share something with you: a day in the Tahoe sun without sunscreen will lead to serious raccoon-face sunburning. I've spent considerable time since Monday, rubbing and peeling dead skin off my face. Strangely, I enjoyed it. I feel like Goldmember (without the saving part).

Actually, it's kind of addictive. Scratch scratch. Brush brush. Rub rub. Switch directions. Scratch some more, brush some more. Repeat.

It all started from the tip of my nose. Then the lower forehead joined in, and convinced the upper forehead to tag along (the right side more so than left). This effort quickly expanded across the upper cheeks. And, so far so good: I figure I'm probably around 85% done the peeling process. Now the peeling fronts are in and around the eyebrows, along the hairline, and on the earlobes. Yeah, the earlobes.

Looks like I had a face lift or something. Or like a map of the Ring of Fire around the Pacific.

No comments: