If I were in a position to buy a primary vehicle now, what should I get? I am considering the following options:

- a convertible
- sport coupe
- sporty sedan

I have some financing options as well to consider.

- leasing (3-year term)
- purchasing (5-year financing)

So, the good stuff. Here are some cars I'm considering (used or new), in no particular order.

Acura CL-S
Acura TSX
Audi A4 (new generation)
Audi A4 Cabriolet
BMW 3-series (likely used)
Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 (older generation)
Infiniti G35 Sedan
Saab 9-3 convertible (new 2004)
Volvo C70

Whether I lease or purchase has an effect on what kind of car I'll consider also. For instance, purchasing will mean I need a very reliable car (since it will have to last me) and probably a lot more practical (since I'll be stuck with it for a long time afterwards). Leasing gives me the freedom to have a car for three years and "toss" it, except that my payments really add no value to my own assets. But, in the case that I decide to move back to Canada, leasing means I won't have to deal with the trouble of importing my owned vehicle.

I do have some requirements for features.

- must have navigation in it (which wipes out all VW's except the Touareg)
- if manual trans, must have 6 gears
- if auto trans, some kind of sport shifting is preferred
- leather seats, baby
- sunroof or drop top

Help!

No comments: