Just a partial list of the things that urk me sometimes.

People who use sayings grossly incorrectly. They try to express themselves with sayings and idioms and colloquial phrases, but mess it all up in the end. Just sounds dumb. Like Biff in Back to the Future ... "Why don't you make like a tree and ... get outta here!" "Stuck between a rock and a really difficult position."

People who can't get the difference between "your" / "you're" ... "its" / "it's" ... "would have" / "would of" ... I mean, seriously. Isn't English knowledge mandatory in schools nowadays? Pay attention in class!

If you want to get by someone, say, "Excuse me." Otherwise, be prepared to wait.

People (like at Ranch 99) who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle while peering off somewhere. I don't care if you're just stopping to read a label off a can, or if you want to stand there and pick your butt. There are people behind you who have stuff to do too, and there's no reason you can't pull your cart over to the side.

The fast lane is for fast cars; if you're not, don't be there. Here's a hint: if two cars pass you on the right, you should be on the right.

Whiners.

Guys who hang out in the workout gym and spend 10% of their time working out, 15% oggling the girls, 20% flexing in the mirror, and 55% of the time just resting from a barely-existent set. It's not a lounge; it's a gym. Finish your workout, and go hang out somewhere fun instead.

If you bump into someone, it doesn't take but a second to say, "I'm sorry." Or, "Excuse me".

You're not stuck in traffic: you are traffic. So stop rubberneckin' at the flashing lights on the side of the road that have absolutely nothing to do with you (sometimes even on the other side of the highway), and you lookin' over there might cause another accident! Morons. Don't you have somewhere to get to? You're on the highway, you know.

I hate when my protein shake has lumps in it, even after I've been shaking for a minute.

Games. Not boardgames, but people games, mind games.

Whew. Okay, that's off my chest now. I feel much better. :-)

No comments: