A Date A Date

At what point is a date a date? For instance, two people (let's say one guy, one girl, for the majority of sexual preferences) head out to dinner. Let's even say they go for a movie. Is that a date? I draw the line based on the intentions of the event. I'd say that if there might be a romantic intention, then it's a date; if there isn't, it's just two people hanging out.

I know one of my ex's considers ANY guy+girl going out to be a date. No matter what. So I'm thinking, wow, so basically hanging out with your platonic friends constitutes dating, and dating outside while you're in a committed relationship could be considered cheating! Ah, but she draws another line in that some dating is okay. I'm still not sure where that line would be, but I gave up. (The conversation clearly was going nowhere good.)

No comments: