I like her. We can still talk about our ex's openly; it's no big deal, just like when we were normal/good friends. I do have a small fear about Matt, though, because Matt seems to still be in love with her; he screwed her over royally so she won't take him back. But it's a little unnerving to know that she thought she would marry him and he was the one. Yet, I guess that's the same as me and Gigi in that we thought the relationship would culminate in marriage and the "happily ever after". And Gigi and I are no more, so if that's any proof that this can happen, I should be able to accept that hers is the same.

The only thing we haven't talked about is us. We haven't explicitly talked about us and our relationship: where we really are, where we might be going, what our concerns are. It's been implicit, though going very well, and we'll have to hit those topics up one day. In the meantime, we're still talking about plans on where would be fun to go, what trips to take together with friends, tactical daily things, that kind of life stuff. Eventually, the important things will need to be openly discussed -- that was the basis of how we grew this way, after all -- but I don't want to damper the bliss and halo that surrounds us at this point. Not quite yet.

And now that I'm closer to her, I get the feeling that my "market value" just increased. (One estimate claims by 50%, though you may wish to take that with a grain of salt.) And that increase is really the opposite of when you need it, huh. Like that old concept that married men are somehow more attractive (though not morally). Or like trying to get a loan -- you can't get one when you actually need one, and when you don't need one, banks are more interested in lending you money! Life is funny that way, huh?

No comments: