Exactly That

Things cost the most when you have a picture in your mind of what it is you want. You know, when you go,

"Oh, I know exactly what I'm looking for."

Because it means you have a certain look you want from it, or certain feature set that no other make/model fulfills for you. None of the other competing products give you that same feeling or satisfy that need in the same way. And when you let your purchases head in that direction, you get stuck like me: stuff is expensive.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm high-maintenance (though I fear that I really am), but I just always have a certain style/feature in mind in my head. And that means, almost invariably, that I get disappointed at the selection out there, and it nearly always limits my choice of products down to one. And somehow, that one product that "does it for me" is never the cheapest one. Ever. It's just how I am.

And what with the apartment hunting I'm doing (thanks to that rat bastard StupidAgent), I've seen my budget head north some 20% just to find something else that might be the same. And you know what? It's still not the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, this has to be one of the most annoying jingles ever.

ACK. Now you have it stuck in my head.

Shame on you for even bringing it up!

EVIL!!!

Ben said...

Ya lost me. Which jingle is this?