Dangerously Close

So ... I took Tickle's Gender Indentity Test. And it told me, in somewhat of a mocking manner, if you can imagine a webpage mocking you silently through the written word, that:

"Ben, you are 49% feminine."

In large, bright, bold letters. Some two paragraphs later, I suppose the page felt a little guilty of what it had said. It tried to redeem itself by saying that I was still 51% masculine. But the damage had already been done: I'm dangerously close to being metro.

I shut down the browser window and wept quietly to myself. Some minutes later, Tickle sent me an email as a peace offering.
"Ben, Tickle can tell that you have a balanced gender focus. People who have both strong masculine and strong feminine qualities tend to get things done and are good with people."

So ... me and Tickle, we're cool now.

7 comments:

miscmusings said...

I could have told you you were metro.

S said...

> S, you're 88% masculine.
>
> This is based on how you scored on a variety of traits that,
> founded on classic research and our own studies, are typically
> associated with men.

*snorf* Whatever. =D

Kevin Cheng said...

49% feminine doesn't count as metro?!?! i believe that's definitively metro actually.

Naomi said...

It's okay, everyone. I had a talk with Ben last night. We came to the consensus that he was in denial. It's all good now.

Master Bull said...

12% feminine! Woo Hoo!

head dump said...

you might want to do that test periodically. Just to check if you're turning into the average skinny, long haired, Taiwnese guy. Watch out the way you dress!

Ben said...

Thanks for all your support, you guys. It's nice to feel so loved in this cold cruel world. Let me please remind you that Tickle told me "people who have both strong masculine and strong feminine qualities tend to get things done and are good with people." Both strong masculine and strong feminine qualities. That means I'm strong on both sides. So nyah!

If I can't find an affordable gym around here when I eventually move, I will probably succumb to being a scrawny little Taiwanese boy. Ugh. (I swear some of them are clearly on the other side of metro.)