GTI = Gone Today Indefinitely

Tomorrow is the lease maturity date for my GTI. Can't believe it's already been 3 years with that car. But the timing is actually pretty good, since I wouldn't really have needed it for much longer anyhow.

So yesterday, I gave it a quick wash -- kind of like a last supper -- and this morning, I brought it in to the dealership. We did the paperwork to transfer it back (which was surprisingly quick and painless), and I left without the car.

A new (auto) era has begun.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

How do u get around from now till then?

miscmusings said...

so what are you driving in the meantime?

Ben said...

I have the good fortune of having friends who are willing to lend me their second vehicles for the time being. So at the moment, I have a 1990 Nissan 300Z to drive around.

James said...

Don't forget it's a 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo. Much different than the N/A version.
It's nice to have good friends, eh? :)

Ben said...

Ah, I didn't know it was a 300ZX, but I did know the Twin Turbo part (mostly because it says so on the back of the car).

Yes, it is indeed fantastic to have great friends. Especially when they are surprised that you haven't done a Open Wide Throttle on the car yet, even though you've only had it for 3 days (and 40mi) of driving. Even better when they're willing to explain the basics of cars, to an peanut-brain idiot like me to learn this stuff.