So my boss now officially requires me to be at work at 9am. Never mind that I'm at work until 8pm (sometimes later) when I come in later. Never mind that. 9am, period. Well, fine, then I'm leaving at 5:30pm or 6:00pm. This is corporate war -- they simply don't pay me enough to stay longer.

"Now, I need to officially ask you to get to the office no later than 9 am, a quite reasonable time to start working. For your information, it is both people in and outside StupidCompany Inc. asking for this to be done as they need things from our Department."

I should note that by "our Department", they mean me, because I'm the only guy here in "our Department". So obviously, it's all fielded by yours truly. And then he has the gall to say that if i finish my work early, he has no problem with me leaving early. Knowing full well, of course, that there is no end to the work of two or three roles being done by me. Like saying that magically makes him a good guy.

On another note, I'd like to say hi to everyone as the newest member of the 9-to-5-Job Club. I joined this morning.

No comments: