Sleigh Ride

I just discovered that my Christmas spirit lives in three places.

It lives in the song "Sleigh Ride". Dunno why, but it always puts me in a good mood whenever I hear that song ... so it's my ringtone now. The song is just so upbeat and happy; my favourite version of it is sung by Billy Gilman and Charlotte Church.

It lives in the act of wrapping gifts and writing cards. Once I get into the wrapping and presentation aspects, I get on a roll and I just can't wait until ... (next point)

It lives in the giving of those gifts to their recipients and the feeling that I've presented something they could appreciate.

It's a bummer that I've been rather bah-humbug about Christmas these past years. I haven't done any/many cards and most of my gifts I'm giving this year will be in the form of gift certs and buying dinner. Oh well, tough luck for them. Bah humbug.